1. Stir salmon, eggs, lemon juice, capers, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper together
in a bowl until well-combined.
2. Crush saltine crackers with your hands into the salmon mixture and mix well. Wrap the
bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 30 minutes to overnight.
3. Dust a plate with half the bread crumbs. Divide salmon mixture into 4 portions and
shape into patties; place onto prepared plate and sprinkle remaining bread crumbs atop
the salmon patties.
4. Melt butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook patties in hot oil until
cooked and heated through, about 5 minutes per side.
Kale & Wild Rice Salad
1. In a large bowl, add the kale, olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Massage the kale with your hands
until the kale softens, about 2-3 minutes. Add the cooked wild rice, apple, avocado, dried
cranberries, almonds, and feta cheese. Gently toss.
2. To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, and
mustard in a small bowl or jar. Whisk until smooth. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
3. Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss. Serve immediately.
4. Note-if you don't have wild rice, brown rice will work too. If you don't like feta cheese, goat
cheese is also good. The salad is best the day it is made, but you can keep it in the refrigerator in a container for up to one day. I like the leftovers the next day.
Contributed by: Simply Delicious Wine Country Recipes by Robin Goldstein
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
Keep up to date on the latest wine releases, events, and about all things Margerum.