Fresh summer sweet corn cooked down in a mix of heavy cream and milk, smoked paprika, and fresh garlic.
4 ears of corn, shucked, and kernels cut off
2 cloves of garlic
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
2 tsps smoked paprika
salt and pepper, to taste
- With a serrated knife, cut kernals off of the ear and set aside in a bowl.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, heat corn kernels, heavy cream, milk, garlic, and smoked paprika over medium high heat until simmering.
- Turn heat to low and continue to simmer until mixture is thickened slightly. About 25-30 minutes.
- With and immersion blender, pulse 5-6 times to break up some of the kernels and release their starch. Only pulse a few times to ensure that some whole kernels are left.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with an extra sprinkling of smoked paprika on top.